Stress can affect every one of us at some point in our lives. If left untreated, it could change our mental and psychical health, making us fatigued and weak.
In most cases, stress is not a matter of grave hard work, but an inability to regulate its burden and unbalanced attitudes towards and without work. Moderate stress can have a positive and empowering role in helping to raise the motivation. In the event of prolonged stress, the body’s resistance to diseases weakens.
Symptoms of Stress
There are many signs of stress, but I am gonna list 10 of the most common sings.
- Chronic pain You may start to have a headache or any other type of pains every day or more frequently.
- Anxiety, worry, guilt, nervousness
- Mood swings Your mood changes for no reason.
- Appetite changes You may start you crave more food than usual or you could have no appetite at all.
- Nightmares, insomnia Trouble sleeping or having nightmares could also be a sign of stress.
- Forgetfulness You start to forget small things.
- Reduced productivity Productivity decreases and you won’t have the motivation to do your work at all.
- Social withdrawal Being with people is very hard for you and you’d rather be alone.
- Tiredness, weakness, fatigue Because of lack of sleep or sleeping way too much you become more tired.
- Weight changes Your weight drops or increases for no reason without a diet.
- Yoga It’s a physical, mental and spiritual way of getting to control your body and mind.
- Breathing exercises You can do them anywhere anytime, and it helps you calm down a lot faster.
- Walking For me, personally, it’s the best way to reduce stress. Fresh air and the beautiful views make me a lot happier and calmer.
- Reduce caffeine intake Caffeine makes your heart beat a lot faster and drinking way too much could become a problem to your heart.
- Don’t procrastinate You don’t have to do everything at the same time. Take small steps, it could motivate you to do more.
- Mini-vacation When’s a vacation, not a good idea? Relaxing somewhere nice and quiet could make you motivated as well.
- Cultivate mindfulness Bringing your attention to the things that are happening at this very moment, it helps to get rid of worry and rumination.
- Music Like a lot of people say, ‘music helps with everything.’ I think that getting into the sound and the lyrics of the music is what helps you forget the troubles and makes you a lot happier.
- Get organized When your place looks like a pig’s lair, it’s quite hard to stay motivated and get stuff done.
- Write it down This, for me, helps a lot. Getting your feelings on a paper and out of your mind is like a mind cleanse.